Piața Cetății nr.8 tel.: 0365 730 334, cell: 0752 214 364
The International Café, located in the House on the Rock on the main square of the historic Citadel, serves local people and tourists with a range of tempting pies, cakes and cookies, salads and sandwiches, lunch specials such as quiche, lasagna or chili, all made in our own kitchen using the best natural ingredients.
Beverages include specialty coffees, smoothies and shakes, home-made lemonade and locally produced organic apple juice in summer, hot spiced cider on cold winter days, as well as a range of teas and soft drinks.
International Café is a meeting point between Veritas and the local community, a welcoming environment in which to relax and enjoy the historic ambience, or to catch a quick lunch or a snack to go. A computer point allows you to check your e-mail, and we offer free wi-fi to our customers.
The Café is open Mon – Sat: 10:00 – 18:00 during the winter months and 9:00 – 19:00 in June, July and August.
A sampler from our menu (variations according to season):
- Breakfast with cereal or yoghurt & fruit, juice, muffin, tea or coffee
- Breakfast with quiche or a toasted sandwich, juice, muffin, tea or coffee
- Fruit pies – apple and blackberry, apple and cinnamon, cherry, lemon meringue – with ice cream
- Blackberry or blueberry muffins, Brownies, Nut tarts, Chocolate chip cookies, Biscotti
- Linzertorte, Carrot cake, Cheese cake
- Toasted sandwiches – with ham and cheese or with Zacusca ,a wonderful homemade spread of autumn vegetables
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Quiche made with ham and cheese or with spinach and cheese, served with coleslaw
- Lasagna served with coleslaw
- Greek Salad, Tuna Salad, Taco Salad, Mozzarella and Tomato Salad
- Home made lemonade, local organic apple juice, hot spiced cider
- A selection of sundaes, shakes and smoothies