Help and support for Senior Citizens
Ninety people from three different areas of town are given assistance thanks to this service. The purpose of the three clubs is to facilitate the socialization of the members, to provide them with a sense of belonging and the chance to feel that they are part of a family.
Hope Club is the oldest club and meets in the Church of the Nazarene. Members meet four times a week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.
At the Daisy Club, which takes place in the Bărăgan area, meetings are held twice a week on Tuesday and Friday afternoons. At the Berigasse Club meetings take place twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
Services provided for clients:
- A hot lunch Monday to Friday
- Leisure and socialization activities: discussions on various themes, low impact exercises, massage, games, craft work, outings, films etc.
- Spiritual assistance, Bible study
- Help at home: clients who are housebound receive a hot lunch and help with housework and basic house maintenance
- Social assistance: assessment, advice, medical referrals and monitoring through home visits
- Material aid and financial assistance in emergencies
Annual Activities: Outings and celebrations: birthdays, Christmas, Easter, International Women’s Day. Several times a year, all three clubs meet and enjoy spending time together.
Staff: Two social assistants helped by students from the Romanian Studies Program.