Help and support for Senior Citizens
Sixty-two people from two different areas of Sighisoara are given assistance thanks to this service. The purpose of the clubs is to facilitate the socialization of the members, to provide them with a sense of belonging and to give them chance to feel that they are part of a family.
The Daisy Club meets in the Bărăgan area on Tuesday and Friday afternoons. The Berigasse Club meetings take place on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at the Veritas Family Center.
From 1998 to 2018, a third group, the Hope Club met in the Church of the Nazarene as a part of the Veritas Elderly Clubs. It has now been turned over to members of the church, although all clubs will continue to meet for special events during the year.
Services provided for clients:
- A hot lunch Monday to Friday
- Leisure and socialization activities: discussions on various themes, low impact exercises, massage, games, craft work, outings, films etc.
- Spiritual assistance, Bible study
- Help at home: clients who are housebound receive a hot lunch and help with housework and basic house maintenance
- Social assistance: assessment, advice, medical referrals and monitoring through home visits
- Material aid and financial assistance in emergencies
Annual Activities: Outings and celebrations: birthdays, Christmas, Easter, International Women’s Day. Several times a year, all three clubs meet and enjoy spending time together.
Staff: Two social assistants.